Thursday, October 17, 2013

UhOh...Officially Out of Works in Progresses


It is official...everything that I had on my needles has been completed.  Yeah, I do (or did depending on when this is read) have one other thing, but sadly it will be frogged and the yarn will be reclaimed.  The top in question had lost its appeal and after the husband dissed it I caved and plan to rip it out. He was right...it was not going to be worn and the yarn is too nice to waste.

I blocked my last item last night...without a soak in actual Soak since I seemed to have used the last of it.  Really should get an order in so I can wash my socks properly and give my other hand-knits a good bath.  For this one I spritzed a bit of water, used blocking wires and gave it a good tug to really open up the lace.  It turned out beautifully.  I was doing this as a gift, but if it hangs around too long it may find its way into my closet instead...oops, maybe I was too quick with a bit of Christmas knitting.

Details:
Pattern:  A Mystery Kerchief by Three Bags Fulled; 

Yarn: Starry by Dream in Color;  Fingering / 4 ply; 98% Merino, 2% Metallic in Vino Veritas (burgundy with silver threads); 450 yards / 113 grams.  I have 24 grams of yarn left over from this project.

Needles:  US 7, 32" circulars

Gauge:  None given in pattern

Modifications:  None.  I followed the pattern as written.  Since this one started out as a Mystery knit it was broken up into nice chunks of knitting.  It was possible for me to knit one clue an evening...well except for clue #5  'make a star' section.  My thumbs did not enjoy making stars after a day spent painting a bedroom. 

Star...lots of stars
The pattern's notes were excellent for those individuals who love a row by row stitch count.  She also added extra "warnings" along the way to point out possible pitfalls...forgetting an increase, etc.  Enjoyed this one immensely and cannot wait until it is properly gifted. 

Pictures once we have some decent sunshine...tomorrow maybe?  Done in bright sunshine, but the camera doesn't pick up the shimmer of the silver threads...a shame too.

No comments: