Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Frogged and Reclaimed**

Almost completed front...
Over the weekend I finally made the decision to frog my Cable and Rib Top.   Before I could reclaim the yarn it needed a bath in wool wash.  Unfortunately that is where I ran into a snag...no wool wash.  My last bottle of Soak was all used up a few weeks ago.  I started looking for more which you think would be a simple process.  Nope.

I love Soak, but it is hard to come by unless you order online or happen to wander by a yarn shop. Over the last year or so I have been trying to use yarn from the stash (unless there is a Plucky Yarn Update) so a chance visit to one of the yarn shops wasn't too likely.  Desperate times call for desperate measures so I made a call to the Yarn Lounge to see if they had anything on hand.  Far less temptation to adding yarn on a whim...no reason to go if there wasn't any wool wash.  My lucky day both Soak and Eucalan in stock and all I needed to do was drive down to Carytown on a Saturday...find parking in the rain.  Yeah.

All done...kinks to be soaked away
It has been at least a year(?) since I walked in the door at the Yarn Lounge.  Melanie remembered me...amazingly enough.  She noticed my new Stephen West Wrap immediately.  It is hard to miss...the think is huge.  She pointed out the wool wash and I actually walked out with only 2 bottles of wool wash and NO yarn.  Although the Shepherd's Wool in Pumpkin came the closest to crawling into my bag.  If only there had been 7 skeins...

Once home the frog party started.  The yarn was re-skeined and had a nice long bath in Eucalan.  All in all I'm pretty pleased...'new' yarn without forking over more $$.  A good thing since I have a couple of Plucky packages arriving next week.  Shh....

A nice bath in Eucalan

**still no photos until a card reader can be found

No comments: