Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

It's the beginning of a new year and wonders of wonders I'm actually going to post something. Lately I've been thinking about decluttering and that has led me to a self imposed sock club for 2012.

I have a significant stash of sock yarn that's been languishing in it's drawers & bags for quite a while. I know that some has been around since 2006...it was a free skein given to me by a fellow knitter who was guilty about her stash. Seems to be a fitting way to start the New Year. I've picked my first pattern for January...Spot Check. out of Knitting Socks out of Handpainted Yarns As for the yarns I'll be using Jitterbug's Velvet Leaf and Unplanned Peacock's Whippoorwill. The Jitterbug has been in the stash a long time...the yarn shop were I bought it recently became a closed shop. The Whippoorwill hasn't marinated in the stash (joined in June 2010) nearly as long so why not pair the two together.

I'm hopeful that this will be fun and I'll have 12 pairs of socks by the end of 2012. My rules are simple:

Pick patterns that will either:
1- show off the yarn in the case of the variegated skeins
2-spice it up with more complicated patterns for single colorways

New patterns only
New Techniques- toe up, magic loop and 2 circs are planned

By the end of the year I'll be down at least 13 skeins of yarn...if I can maintain not adding to the sock yarn one goal for the year will be obtained. Now if I can make myself post regularly...

No comments: