Thursday, December 10, 2009

What Christmas Knitting


I always start out saying that "no I'm knitting for Christmas" then I change my mind...again. Over the last week or so I figured I'd do a wee bit of knitting for those who seem to appreciate a warm "something." My list is smaller...much smaller in fact. It may only include 5 or so items of which half are already done. I'll share photos after the gift giving has been done...must maintain secrecy.

The only thing I can really mention is a hat for my nephew (no way would he or his mom read this blog)...at almost 15 years old I'm not 100% sure he'll "like" it, but I'm planning on appealing to his "hocky side" by knitting his favorite team's hat...the Washington Capital's. I was even able to score their emblem to attach to the hat to make it "more authentic." It's hard to please the teenage boy, but maybe I'll get a smile from him in a couple of weeks.

The rest must remain mum as some may be still following the goings on around here...there's going to be a few surprises to come.

No comments: