Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Miss BB

Another project is off my needles & blocking board. In fact it is all sewed up including the buttons! I must be on a roll around here lately with my knitting...the blogging of the knitting is a totally different story. My Miss BB turned out to be very coat like in it's appearance. It falls pretty far down on the hips which may not be the most ideal length for a sweater. It looks nice though and I'm pleased with the outcome. Love the softness of the yarn & hope that it will hold up well to wearing.

As for the button choice...mmm not so much. I do love the silver metal buttons that are currently on the sweater, but after wearing it out and about a few times I'm thinking that they weigh the button band down a good bit. I haven't totally decided what to do about it. A couple of things pop into my mind...maybe some reinforcement on the band itself to make it firmer or change out the buttons for something lighter. I guess I'll stew on it a few more days...weeks.... probably months. Who knows, but for now the sweater is complete.

Project Details: Pattern: Miss BB by Bonnie Marie Burns of Chick Knits, Raverly has in progress

Yarn: Classic Elite Waterlily, 100% extra fine merino, 100 yards/50 grams, in azalea (purple), a bit less than 14 skeins

Needles: Addi Turbo ,US 6 & US 8, circular 40"

Gauge: 18 sts/4"

Size: 40"



I noticed after the pictures were taken...my thanks to Stewart at The Yarn Lounge for taking the photos....that the cable on the back of my collar was a bit off. After a blast of steam from my trusty iron it looks & lays much better.

No comments: