Friday, October 16, 2009

Remember When

Remember back a few months when I knit my Mom's first sweater...Mr. Greenjeans? Well it now looks totally different. I spent the rainy day ripping it apart into 6 nice sized balls of yarn. After 4 hours of ripping out alternating skeins I'm pleased that I did not end up with a totally tangled mess.

All I have to do now is to get it on the swift to re-skein & set it in a nice bath so it can relaaax. Sad to rip out a perfectly good sweater, but it wasn't gonna fit anyone I knew. It seemed to be a waste of some perfectly nice yarn to have it sitting around in that sweater. Now what to do with 4 skeins of Schaefer's Miss Priss...maybe I should give it back to Mom so she can knit something out of it.

I'm sorta over this adventure in knitting or rather unknitting adventure as it turned out.

No comments: