Thursday, October 01, 2009

Cassidy...the New Favorite

Can I just say that I love this sweater? Specifically I loved the yarn I used to knit the sweater although the pattern has easily become one of my favorites. I enjoyed beyond words knitting with this yarn from Elsa Wool Co. Originally my plan at the Yarn Lounge was to buy a totally different yarn to do this sweater, but one touch and I was swooning. After I purchased 7 skeins I found that Knitter's Review had a nice write up about Elsa's yarns. Which pleased me to no end to see that I wasn't the only person to find this yarn absolutely stunning. I ended up with the 'woolen' variety of 100% Montana grown Pure Cormo wool that is as squishy & soft as can be which really made these cables pop. I finally matched pattern to yarn perfectly!

Of course I changed a few things in the pattern to make it more mine...specifically I left off the hood and added a collar. I knew I'd never use the hood & the added bulk would drive me crazier than I already am. I even was able to find the perfect buttons at the Yarn Lounge. Of course these led to a problem...you knew there would be one...after I attached the buttons. My button band is all wavy...right where the buttonholes happen to be. Now I have to ask..design element or real problem. After a light steam and much hand wringing I'm leaning towards "real problem". I just am not happy with the overall look...so what do I do about it?

Stay tuned as I ponder solutions...do I frog the button band, pick up fewer stitches & redo the holes more toward the edge...do I need to frog the collar too?

What no pictures? Sorry, you will have to wait 'cause the camera is elsewhere...too bad you need to see these cables...the button band not so much.

No comments: