Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Pomatomus

I finally got around to knitting Pomatomus by Cookie A...really. The pattern has been out there for quite a long time (2005), but I had yet to knit it. It took the Sock Innovation KAL on Ravelry to push me over the edge. First let me just say that I love the book...most every sock pattern in this book is one I plan to knit. Aside from her patterns Cookie A has a ton of info on how she designs and tweaks patterns...which means that yes you too can do the same. I never thought about how the cuff ribbing design wove into the leg design, etc. It explains a good bit of why her patterns are so nice & flow from all the way though to the toe. With this book I may even get around to messing around with my own design...like I need something else do do with my time.

I'm almost through the first sock, but getting back to the KAL...nope I won't get the pair done by the 31st. Not sure how these people can knit an entire pair in under 2-3 days. Amazing! On a good day I can knit for 7-8 hours, but a whole sock would not be the end result. Well I better get cracking if I want one sock done the the end of the month.

No comments: