Monday, May 18, 2009

Button Button

Finally finished blocking & drying my February Lady(Ravelry link). I must say that my most favorite part of the cardigan is the buttons. I adore these buttons. I had planned on using totally different ones, but then I stumbled upon these gorgeous glass buttons while visiting Mosaic. They are the perfect choice for the final touch. The next best thing about this cardigan is the fit...after the fiasco with the other one I'm happy to report that this one fits the intended recipient just fine.

I enjoyed the knitting on this one quite a bit although the yoke section started getting a wee bit tedious. I started thinking I had misinterpreted the pattern since I had to knit quite a few more garter rows (18) than the 3 called for in the pattern. I wondered exactly how small you'd need to be to have only 3 garter rows and have it all come together under the arms. I'm not small evidently.

Details:

Pattern: February Lady by Pamela Wynn

Yarn: Malabrigo, (kettle dyed merino wool, worsted weight, 216 yards/3.5 oz.), color: azul profundo. I used 4 skeins plus 2.3 oz of a fifth skein

Needles: Knit Picks Options, 60" circular US 7 (body) and circular 16" US 8 (sleeves)

Gauge: 18 sts per 4 inches

Size: Medium

Modifications: I added a 4th button just as I started the lace section.

1 comment:

Bells said...

oh i agree with you about the under arm part. I too went well beyond the three garter rows in order to have the sides meet under my arms. I'm about your size I think but few others seem to have this same issue, no matter what their size is. I'll be making another and monitoring row gauge closely I think and seeing how it goes. Still I think the longer yoke looks great.