Friday, October 24, 2008

TGID*

Finally, finished the second sock of the pair of Basic Socks started way back in March. I talked about the why's and reason's way back here, & here and must say it has been a struggle with these socks. Not sure why, but it probably has something to do with not enjoying the yarn as much as I usually do. The Wisdom yarn was not pleasant to work up...splitty and not much feel to it. Afterall, that's one of the reasons I enjoy knitting so much. I love soft, squishy yarn that doesn't bleed on my hands as I knit and has some 'heft' for lack of a better word. The Wisdom fell short on heft and man could it split apart when you weren't paying attention.

I'm done and the yarn's patterning is close to matching between the 2 socks...not perfect, but pretty darn close. Not sure why one sock has a more defined patterning, but in the end they match up fairly well and I see no reason to worry about it anymore.

Details:
Pattern:
Basic sock recipe found in Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Yarn: Wisdom, Chicago, colorway 232, fingering weight, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Needles: Clover bamboo sizes 1 & 2

Size: Woman's size 9

*Thank God It's Done

No comments: