Friday, October 17, 2008

Snezi...it is snowing

Must have been living right this past week 'cause I finished a shrug in ONE week. Yep, it's true...the fastest knit for something that you can wear as if it is a sweater. I do love the feel of the Rowan Cocoon against my bare arms. I did not expect that bit of happy news...sometimes mohair drives my skin nuts, but this stuff feels very nice.

Another positive for a person who simply doesn't like nor understand the "shrug" concept of the itty bitty variety is that THIS one feels very sweater like. It's big enough to really wrap into and it stays up on your shoulders even when moving fast to the coffee shop in a driving rain...yeah it's been rained upon less than 12 hours after completion. It kept me dry & warm while I was doing this too...another good thing. My only 'complaint'...I find it hard to keep my bag on my shoulder while wearing this. The sleeve area gets smooshed up so more arm is exposed to the elements...kind of defeats the whole purpose of a warm item doesn't it? Now I'm on to the next item on the list...I should really start a couple of items for Christmas.

Details:
Pattern: Snezi Oversized Shrug (Raverly link) by Sarah Shepherd in Sensual Knits

Yarn: Rowan Cocoon in Cloud, 126 yds/100 gr, 6 skeins, 80% merino wool, 20% kid mohair

Gauge: 13 sts/16 rows = 4 inches

Needles: Knit Picks Options size 9, 24" circular, Boyle size 11, 29" circular

Size: Unblocked Length (nape to hem)= 27", Width (including armspan)= 53 "

One more thing...love the name of this shrug. The Czech translation is "it is snowing" which is so appropriate for where this will be travelling. I'm hoping for a awlful lot of the white stuff in just a couple of months.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love your blog, I am making this shrug and trying to decide what yarn to use you were a great help. :) Sara