Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Chocolate Gyllis

A few weeks ago I finished up a design (Color Crave) by Stephen West.  He has a unique style and his patterns are very interesting and fun to knit.  For his birthday he gave a 25% discount off of his patterns and I chose a couple more of his wraps to knit.  Let's just say that over the last several weeks my knitting had gotten somewhat 'boring and predictable.'  These wraps really have reinvigorated my knitting along with a new yarn discovery called Plucky.  I'm back to non-stop knitting with fewer distractions...other than looking at Ravelry for new yarn sale updates.

The first of these is called Gyllis.  Stephen calls it "an architectural lace scarf".  Cool construction...knit lengthwise.  I chose to use a worsted weight yarn rather than a lighter fingering weight.  It turned out rather well even if it is 'boring brown'...per my dear husband.  He said it was not as interesting as my first Stephen West wrap...good to know he's paying attention.

Details:
Pattern:  Gyllis by Stephen West; 

Yarn:  Dynasty by S. Charles Collezione;  Worsted/10 ply;  30% Silk, 70% Merino; 120 yards/50 grams.  I used 3 full balls and 27 grams of a 4th ball.  The color is a nice chocolate brown.

Gauge: 16 stitches/ 4 inches in garter stitch
 
Needles:  US 8 Addi Turbo, 32" inch circular

Modifications:  None.  I did not change a darn thing about the pattern.  I lightly blocked by using steam to smooth out the edges and open up the lace.  The size after blocking ~51 inches across the CO edge x 14 inches wide. 

1 comment:

Mountaingmom said...

I love it. It will go with so many colors, it is not boring brown.