Sunday, November 01, 2009

Read & Remember

It pays to read the pattern doesn't it? Well that's not quite right because I did read the pattern just the entire sentence didn't stick in my brain while I was knitting the pattern. In other words there I go again getting excited to be almost done to find that I really messed up...way back over 15 inches to be precise.

I have been knitting the sleeves on my Miss BB. I was done with the increases and about to start to decrease for the sleeve caps...so close. At that moment I looked at my knitting and it certainly didn't appear that I had the required 60+ stitches that the pattern stated I should have at that point. I counted my increases on the needles and in my notes...match. At first I didn't know what was wrong...slowly it dawned on me that while knitting the increase section I left out the right side increases. All of them.

I pulled out my needles & frogged back to the 16th row of my knitting. Now I'm back on track & thankful I discovered this before I had reach the end of the sleeves and would be wondering why they were not fitting.

No comments: