Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Eco Urban

Another project starting up on the needles is an exciting & exhilarating moment...usually. There have been times that I've been rather nervous about a project...Mermaid would fall into that category. Thankfully I'm usually happy to cast on new projects and prefer to have a few on the needles at the same time. For my next "big" project I decided that I must have yet another cabled sweater. Funny after I just finished one, but I do love cables. It doesn't hurt that my DH also likes my latest cabled sweater so it wasn't too hard to choose my next project...the Urban Aran from Paton's Street Smart that Jared Flood modified as a cardigan.

I'm also changing it to a zippered cardigan rather than the designed pullover. No surprise there since I really prefer something I can button/unbutton or zip/unzip as needed. Slow going at the moment due to a few other distractions...blocking Miss BB which will then need to be seamed together, casting on a new hat, & doing the last triangle of a multidiagnoal scarf for my mom who had some trouble with the last set of directions.

I'm sure I could think up a few more things to cast on...should be thinking about Christmas knitting which I have decided that I'll be doing very little. More about that later.

No comments: