Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Month Later...well almost

It's been awhile since my last post hasn't it? I've been busy though... just with projects not related to knitting, but busy none the less & nothing much to post about knitting. I finished my CPH a month ago and still haven't found the time to get a decent photo. Maybe soon, but not high on the list evidently.

I started & finished the Gameday Scarf for my friend's daughter. She's attending American University so it's in the very patriotic colors of red & blue. I can't say I loved the yarn, Berroco Comfort, 'cause I did not...much too splitty for my taste. On the positive side it does feel nice against the skin and it's machine washable. An important feature when gifting to a new college student who hasn't played with "handwashables" & their special requirements. Felting her scarf is not an option.

Pattern: Gameday Scarf by Julia Vesper

Yarn: Berroco Comfort in shades 9756(copen blue) and 9750 (primary red), a 50% super fine nylon, 50% super fine acrylic, 193 meters (210 yards) in 100 grams. I used most of 2 skeins of the copen blue and for some reason a good bit less in the red. I have 0.013 grams left of the blue and a whopping 0.041 grams of primary red.

Needles & Gauge: Boye Needlemaster set, size 8, 16" cable...I used to love this set, but sadly no longer. The cable join isn't smooth & kept hanging up with this splitty yarn...need more Addis's...seriously. Gauge not important, but I did get 20 stitches/28 rows per 4".

Size: Length after the dreadlock additions ended up right at 72 inches and the width was spot on at 6".

I am also knitting her a hat to go along with her scarf...it's coming. I'll have more to say about the beret next week. Off to finish up those ther pesky projects before the weekend officially starts.

No comments: