Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Procastination?



Lately my knitting has 'suffered' a bit from a lack of interest or maybe a better explanation is a love/hate for the project I had been working on since...March!  Good grief!  When I looked up when I cast on I realized it was way back at the end of March.  I started it right before we left Bozeman.  It was going to be my car knitting for our drive back East.  Not long (2 hours) into our 3 day drive I knew I was going to hate the knitting of this particular pattern.  Although I love the overall effect of elongated stitches I don't enjoy the manipulation of the needles and yarn necessary to achieve the effect.  Especially using size 1 needles...it took me 3 months to get one sock completed and I have I yet to cast on for the second sock. 

This is the first time in my years of knitting that I have failed to start the second sock as soon as I finished the first one...a sign perhaps?

2 comments:

Mountaingmom said...

Welcome back. Don't feel bad, I have a pair of socks on needles that I started to take with me to Steamboat in early February. I am not even half done. But I do them two at a time so I don't ever have second sock syndrome, just don't finish socks syndrome.

Cindi and Bill said...

Thanks Fran, this is the first time that a sock has me burned out. Maybe the second one will be done while we're wandering around this summer.

My husband keeps asking why I don't do 2 at a time...maybe I should give that a whirl.