Thursday, September 06, 2012

Missed Times 2

What can one say when one misses yet another deadline?  Well one says "don't bring as much knitting next time".   I did finish the August socks...in September.  At least it's early enough that I should be able to get September socks done as well. 

Unless I get myself totally sidetracked by the knitting of 'chicken sweaters'.  These are actually sweaters for chickens...not little chickens on a sweater.  Confused yet?  While in Montana a request was made for me to knit some chicken sweaters for a flock that had yet to be acquired.  They had a coop in the backyard and figured they'd get chickens.  One problem...the winters in Bozeman can be somewhat cold and the rookie farmer thought the sweaters would help keep the chickens warm.

Who could resist a request for knitting a few chicken sweaters?  Super simple and a great use of all of the leftover blanket yarns (yes I knit another one)...just need to remember to save some time for my September socks which I have yet to choose.

No comments: