Friday, June 15, 2012

June Socks...Scylla

I've been in what appears to be a sort of blog silence over the last couple of weeks.   I finished up the cardigan and then immediately cast on my June Self Imposed Sock Club sock...Scylla.  I love the name and the story behind these socks.   It is based on a Greek legend that immediately bought the pattern and the yarn chosen together.  It seems to be a perfect fit.  Love how it all came together.

This is a free pattern I happened to stumble upon when I started looking for another toe up pattern.  Surprisingly I love toe up on 2 circs...may never use 4 DPN's again!  Yeah I know I've said the 'never again' and cave.  Time will tell.

A very quick knit...started them while in the Burg, worked on them at a high school graduation, a car dealership and in the car and suddenly one sock was done.  One design surprise that I didn't notice until I was starting the leg.  Well to be honest I did think it was strange that the pattern was 20 rows long, but I read it as if the 10 rows repeated themselves.   I thought 'why?' have it written as a 20 row pattern...then stopped reading and started knitting.

It appears that my reading and comprehension are not in sync...the reason for the 20 rows was that rows 5-8 and rows 15-18 are NOT the same.  So my foot doesn't match the leg.  I'm not ripping back.  I have cast on my second sock and wondering if I should do it according to the pattern or should I match it to sock 1...decisions, decisions.  I wonder if a non knitter would notice.  I think I'll conduct a small experiment to see...

No comments: