Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Major Design Dilemma...or is it?

The last few days I have been knitting away on CeCe.  I noticed that the shaping on the body was creating a pretty good size band of stockinette on each side.  I thought about changing it and incorporating the stitches into the lace pattern like some others have done on their cardigans.  'Thought' being the key word...didn't do it and now I'm thinking maybe I should have done something about it.

Sleeve- too much stockinette?
My larger problem has now occurred while I'm knitting the sleeves...actually when I was checking to see to what length I needed to knit after finishing ALL the increases.  I saw the little instruction I did read, but obviously didn't do..."working new sts into lace pattern".  Oops...BIG problem.  I now have a sleeve that's almost complete with a band of stockinette that was really supposed to be lace.  What to do? 

I did what I always do...sit that piece down, pick up needles and cast on for the second sleeve.  Figured I'd think about it a bit before I do anything 'rash'...like rip it back to the ribbing.  I'm temped to let it go because it does match the body after all.

I'm still thinking, I believe the Knitting Gods have struck once again.

2 comments:

Mountaingmom said...

Pretty color and I would leave it like it is, it is georgeous.

Cindi and Bill said...

Thanks Fran, the color is a favorite. I did decide to just knit on...we'll see how it ends up when I put it all together.