Thursday, February 05, 2009

New Stash...Bison & Lamb

Souvenir shopping when one is fighting a head cold is not as much fun as when one is well. I managed to suff erthrough it long enough to find some illusive bison yarn. While here in Laramie I dropped into Jeny's Original Yarns and Handwovens to see if they had any local yarns. Yes they had several in fact...bison, yak, alpaca, llama. All local grown and spun in natural colors of cream, grays, blacks & browns. Not much else was in the shop except for 2-ply sheltland yarn (Jamison I think) and some yarn that had been "specially dyed" to match the owner's husband's photographs of local landscapes...interesting, but not what I was after.

I ended up with some bison...actually bison "down" mixed with Cormo sheep which made up into a nice mix of brown & cream. I bought only 2 ounces (100 yards) of the stuff...cashmere may be cheaper! To add to the bison/cormo I also got a skein of some of the softest cream color lambswool. I think a hat with these 2 skeins will be very soft & warm. Next up will be Montana and I'm sure to find some Mountain Colors in something I have not seen before.

No comments: