Thursday, October 04, 2007

Quick Knit

I do love a quick knit! I started a new handbag on Sept 29 and finished the knitting on Oct 2nd- a new record to be sure. Don't ya just love size 13 needles!! I used the Little Coco bag pattern and modified it rather heavily to get the shape I wanted- added to CO sts & rows until it "looked right". I also added a flap by PU sts and decreasing evenly to get a triangular shape. The flap has a buttonhole & really cool handmade button keep it closed.

I had wanted to use some handbag handles rather than icord, but the bag ended up larger than my brain intended so I had to knit up some icord for the handles. Pics to follow once everything is dried from the felting....the shape looks terrific & I love the flap.

One Christmas present down and ready for more!

No comments: