Friday, January 19, 2007

Finished


Well it's been awhile since I last posted...too busy seems to the best explanation. I finished quite a few projects before the Christmas Holidays. Two multidirectional scarfs, another modified Coco bag, 3 Noro felted nesting boxes, and quite a few ballband dishcloths so the holidays had quite a bit of handknits as gifts.

I should post the pics, but I haven't downloaded them so they'll follow later. I just completed a black Coco bag for myself. I love the shape of the bag and the beads I'll be using to fashion a closure. Now I only have two projects on the needles- one Irish Hiking Scarf ( http://www.helloyarn.com/irishhikingcarf.htm ) in chocolate brown Galway and a blue Berroco Ultra Alpacha yarns. It's my first cable project and it's turning out terrific. The Ultra Alpacha yarn is so very soft.

My other project could take a tad bit longer to complete. It's another modern log cabin (pattern from Mason Dixon Knitting). Although it is only going to be 48" x 72". Not nearly the queen size of my last blanket. I'm using all Brown Sheep's Nature Spun in four colors: scarlet, sunburst gold, blue knight and grecian olive. I'm on the fourth block and I really hope to finish by March 1st. Not sure it will happen with all that will be going on around here in the next few weeks. More on that later.....

No comments: